Sunday, April 10, 2011

Aruba in my big boy camera...

It's always a bit daunting when I'm packing for a non work trip and it comes time to decide what cameras/lenses to bring. For people like David, this is a ridiculous question because obviously you bring every camera, tripod, and lens you own (even though he didn't for Aruba) but for me, sometimes I wonder whether or not there is really a big difference. My parents asked me to take pictures of their home so this time I had no choice but to bring a professional camera with a wide lens. I used the opportunity to really pay attention to when and why I switched from my point 'n shoot to an SLR...

I've decided that it isn't so much a question of quality between the 2 types of cameras BUT when I have a bigger camera in my hands, capable of a lot more than a point 'n shoot, the kind of pictures I'm taking change:






1 comment: