Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weddings...

I was looking through some old emails this morning and stumbled upon these photos from my days of assisting and shooting for wedding photographers. Weddings were my first steps into the freelance world and I remember loving it. I would climb into my car every weekend and drive out to Long Island for another wedding at $100-$150/day and all the catering I could eat...

The crazy thing about weddings is that they create their own distinct entertainment industry from town to town. So each small town in Long Island had its own heroes: from photographers, to chefs, to bands- and everyone in each mini industry had a story of some local legend and why he or she "rocked." I only had one season in me before I started working for commercial and editorial photographers but from time to time I can still taste the shrimp cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment